Wesley Stace was probably first known to Dylan fans by his stage name, John Wesley Harding – when he delivered great songs and albums from the late 80’s through the turn of the century – including ‘It Happened One Night’, ‘Here Comes The Groom’, ‘Awake’ and others. This century he’s continued to put out fine records and tour under his given name – including the recently released ‘Late Style‘.
Wes has played a lot of Dylan covers, been to a lot of Dylan shows, and is quite the knowledgable fan — as you’ll hear in this episode. Wes shares his thoughts on Dylan in the 80’s and early 90’s, his initial reactions to hearing Time Out Of Mind, and his even greater love for Love and Theft.
There is an Extended Version of this episode, and a video available. Details below.
- This is the first in a series of interviews with working musicians, to learn how they think about TOOM and Dylan in general. It’s also the first of two episodes with Wes, as he had so many interesting things to say that two episodes were necessary.
- Learn more about John Wesley Harding and Wesley Stace at AllMusic.com
- Follow Wesley Stace on Twitter
- Visit WesleyStace.com or CabinetOfWonders.com
Wesley Stace Books (Amazon)
– Subscribe to FM+ in the Apple Podcasts app (click the subscribe button on our show page) or at the FM Pods website. For $4.99/mo you’ll get Extended Editions and Bonus Episodes of all podcasts on the network for one low price. And you’ll be supporting our work and making all of these shows possible!
– Join The FM Club and get an FM+ Subscription plus way more Dylan and music info via our video interviews, blog posts, events and much more. Learn more and sign up here.
- This interview is available on video for The FM Club Premium Members at the Replays Page for members.
Dylan.FM is a podcast that good deep into specific Bob Dylan albums or periods – for months at a time. There are also some ‘special subject’ podcasts along the way. The show has featured Time Out Of Mind Engineers Mark Howard (1992 Mix) and Michael Brauer (2022 Mix), Authors Micheal Gray, Graley Herren, Howard Sounes and others, Musicians Robyn Hitchcock, Wesley Stace and others, and Dylanologists including Scott Warmuth, Laura Tenschert, and many more. Member of The FM Podcasts Network.
- Visit Dylan.FM to see all episodes or to follow the show in your favorite podcast app.
Get Our Weekly Bob Dylan Newsletter
Every week we collect and organize all the latest Bob Dylan News and Links, including new releases, reviews, concerts, podcasts, books, and share then in an organized list. Stay up-to-date on everything in the world of Bob Dylan.
FM Podcast Network
This podcast is a proud member of The FM Podcast Network, along with these other fine shows:
- PodDylan – celebrating the work of Bob Dylan one song at a time.
- The Dylantantes – interviews and discussions with Bob Dylan thinkers.
- The Bob Dylan Primer – a start to finish introduction to Dylan’s career.
- Get details and see the latest from all of our shows.
Questions or Comments?
Drop us a note to [email protected].